Dear Carolina Region:
Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad.
Last year under Bishop Walker’s leadership the CME 7th Episcopal District sent approximately 10,000 letters to Congress through our partnership with Bread for the World. The Carolina region missionaries are again spearheading our NC and SC CME involvement with the Letters Campaign to Congress. We need your help in sending letters to Congress.
Because of the pandemic we are emphasizing the electronic submission of our letters this year. However, if you would like to send your letters through the U.S. Mail (referred to as “handwritten” ), we have attached letters that can be filled out and printed or printed and then filled out.
You will need your 9-digit ZIP Code which can be found on bank or credit card statements or junk mail. If you still can’t find it, there will be a link that will find it for you.
The link above leads to a PDF document that includes all the links you need. On the fourth (4th) slide of the PDF document you will see the words “Write to Congress” and “Action Links.”
TO ELECTRONICALLY SUBMIT / EMAIL LETTERS:
1. Click and follow the link at the top. Go to the 4th PDF slide and see the three (3) links under “For electronic letters use these links”.
2. Click the first link….complete the blanks with name and address, etc….then submit. It will automatically be sent to both Senators and the appropriate Representative.
3. Click on the second link…complete Step #2.
4. Click the third link…complete Step #2.
That’s it!!! Your letters will be automatically counted for us. Thanks so much.
TO SUBMIT A “HANDWRITTEN” OR U.S. MAIL LETTER:
1. Click and follow the link at the top. Go to the 4th PDF Slide.
2. If you don’t know your 9-digit ZIP Code which is required, click “Find your 9 digit ZIP CODE”
3. If you are unsure of the name of your U.S. Representative for your town, click “Find your Representative”.
4. Open U.S. Mail Letter #1 that is attached for your REPRESENTATIVE. Fill it out and print (or print and fill out) and mail to the name and address on the letter.
5. Open U.S. Mail Letter #2 that is attached for your SENATORS. You have two (2) senators which require separate letters and envelopes. Fill out and mail to one or both of your U.S. Senators.
North Carolina U.S. Senators are: Richard Burr and Thom Tillis
South Carolina U.S. Senators are: Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott
6. To have your “handwritten” letters counted you have three options. You can
(a) on the fourth PDF slide, click “to report your handwritten letters CLICK HERE” or
(b) email firstname.lastname@example.org and give your name, ZIP, and how many letters you mailed
(c) text to 803.331.3363 and give your name, ZIP, and how many letters you mailed.
That’s it!!! Thanks so much.
Wait for a Special Webinar to Receive Additional Help—May 19:
If you would rather wait to receive additional help, we will have two Zoom webinars, designed especially for us, on May 19—at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. The details are on the last slide and are also shown below.
Rosa Saavedra (Bread for the World NC and SC organizer) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting “CME 7th District Offering of Letters Campaign” May 19 2:00 p.m.
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82908938388 Meeting ID: 829 0893 8388
Join Zoom Meeting “CME 7th District Offering of Letters Campaign” May 19 7:00 p.m.
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84997895508 Meeting ID: 849 9789 5508
Thank you so much for participating in this campaign of letters.
Theresa C. Muldrow, Assistant to Mrs. Ollie McNeil
Ollie McNeil, Carolina Region Bread for the World Chair
Adrienne Speas, Carolina Region Missionary President